Are you a water industry professional who is passionate about improving the health and sustainability of our communities? Do you have, and are you seeking to grow, your project management and technical expertise in the delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure?
Are you interested in a role that offers diversity, flexibility and professional development?
Beca HunterH2O is currently recruiting for talented Project Managers and Program Managers at junior and senior levels to make a real difference for the wellbeing of communities throughout regional NSW, Victoria and the ACT.
We are interested in on-site, office-based roles with options for remote work arrangements.
Summary of benefits and perks
As an employer, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements, locations and to balance your home life and career aspirations
- Generous provisions for leave – some examples are:
- Up to 14 weeks parental leave (including for males)
- A wellness day (extra day of leave)
- A volunteer day (extra day of leave)
- Opportunities for time in lieu or purchased leave
- A work perks program (providing discounts across various business)
- Free car parking
- Excellent, modern, fast, ergonomic and mobile IT to assist you in providing a comfortable, productive and location-agnostic working environment.
As a promoter of your career, we offer:
- Opportunities to pursue diverse and interesting work through:
- A range of projects across all phases of assets / asset life-cycles
- A range of clients (from regional to metropolitan to international)
- opportunities to travel
- A range of provided services (which can give you a chance to hone new skillsets
- A structured approach to training, professional development and mentoring (and a supportive culture and management team) that seek to empower you to realise your passions and fulfill your potential
- An opportunity to join a passionate, supportive community of water and wastewater experts at the leading edge of innovation in our industry that will accelerate your learning
- Opportunities to work in partnership-based contracts with our clients
- Work satisfaction from collaborating with a community that values and measures long-term partnership outcomes, sustainability and wellbeing (not just focused on financial outcomes).
The background to Beca HunterH2O
Beca is one of the largest employee-owned professional services consultancies in the Australasia-Pacific region. As a team of over 3800, Beca is diverse enough to bring a wide range of perspectives and expertise to every client and challenge, creating resourceful, smart solutions from our collective experience and insights with the view to making every day better across our local and global communities.
Beca HunterH2O was formed twelve months ago to create Beca’s Australian Water Business. We are a diverse, empowered and trusted team of 300+ water specialists, passionate about enabling healthy and sustainable communities wherever we work. We design and deliver smart, resilient outcomes within regional and metropolitan environments, elevated by a strong process and operations heritage which ground-truths our solutions. We believe in a collaborative partnership approach to working alongside our clients and delivery partners (including major urban utilities, international and national water authorities, regional councils and other industry organisations), toward a sustainable future.
Depending on your situation, a role with Beca HunterH2O may create opportunities to live and work in or to travel to any of our major partnership locations.
Due to a strong pipeline of opportunities, Beca HunterH2O is currently seeking to add passionate project managers to its team at both senior and junior levels.
Project managers in our business generally lead, co-ordinate and support the development of infrastructure projects across all phases of its asset life from early strategic and business case development, through optioneering, concept and detailed design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
These roles all require an ability to consult with clients, understand project drivers and priorities and work with or lead diverse and multidisciplinary teams to plan and then execute a task plan.
Our roles all require an interest and understanding of water and wastewater assets, the key principles of sustainability, environmental protection and enhancement, safety and wellbeing, time, cost and risk management – either at a basic level for junior positions, or at a complex level for senior positions.
Some specific skills that we are interested in are:
- Stakeholder consultation and strategic project scoping and planning
- Workshop facilitation
- Strategic procurement planning and execution
- Design management
- Schedule and program management
- Cost estimating, forecasting and financial control (including application of earned value techniques)
- Application of structured risk management techniques
- Contract management either for professional services or construction
- Construction surveillance.
What we’ll like about you
- Down to earth
- Relatable – easy to work with
- Commercial awareness
- Common values in sustainability, care
- Decisiveness, proactive
- Dynamic energy
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of infrastructure (ideally water / wastewater).
Get ready to: Be involved. Be heard. Belong. Apply now!
Your attention to detail will expedite you through our application process. You will provide clear evidence to the desired skills and traits listed above to secure your opportunity and advance through to interview stage.
- One single A4 Page: Cover letter explaining why you would like to join us, highlighting how your relevant skills and experience meets or exceeds the above listed “Ideal skills”
- Up to two A4 Pages: Details of previous relevant employment experience along with associated referee details (name, phone number, email and relationship) whom can attest to your previous experience
If you want to be part of the Beca HunterH2O story, please email the above documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 July 2023