Are you a qualified Electrical, SCADA & Automation or Mechatronics Engineer looking to further your career?
As one of Australia’s most successful independent water industry consultancies, Hunter H2O is leading the delivery of some of the country’s most varied and challenging water projects. Together with our collaborative company culture, and dedication to innovation, you will have the opportunity to contribute to many varied projects, in a team environment, supported by one of the leading SCADA and Electrical Engineering Groups in the Australian Water Industry.
Due to a strong and growing pipeline of work we are seeking the appointment of Electrical & SCADA Engineers, with a range of experience levels to join our team.
About Hunter H2O
Unique in Australia, Hunter H2O draws on decades of frontline experience in water industry management, operations, design and construction support services to deliver highly practical, proven solutions to any water challenge.
Our broad operational heritage, adaptive and responsive business management structure is what sets our 100-strong team apart from the rest. This is the chance to work with a small but growing specialist team that is punching above its weight in the industry frontline. Our projects are uniquely focused on Water Industry related projects, ranging from planning and feasibility studies and Cyber Security Auditing through to detailed design, development, systems integration, commissioning and operations support for our clients in the Australia-Pacific region. Hunter H2O have offices in Newcastle (HQ), Tamworth, Adelaide and Brisbane.
Relevant to your qualification and experience level, your duties may include:
• Working as a collaborative member within multidiscipline design teams to deliver major projects
• LV & HV Electrical system and I&C designs including design development and review
• Design, Development, Integration, support, maintenance and consultancy for SCADA, automation, telemetry and IOT systems
• Networking, IOT, IT, Analytics, and Cloud based applications
• Leading small teams to facilitate positive and timely client project outcomes
• Project management
• Participation in IOT and Digital Innovation and R&D Projects
• Develop and maintain client relationships including participation in marketing and conference engagements
• Construction and commissioning tasks
• Contribute to proposal responses
Desired Skills include:
• Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical and / or Control Systems Engineering or equivalent
• Water Industry Experience (preferred)
• A commitment to uphold company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary design teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with a range of Automation and Control Software packages
• Experienced in the use of Electrical Design software packages SKM PowerTools, PowerCad
• Working toward eligibility for CPEng and RPEQ
• Telemetry systems, SCADA, Automation and Development Integration and support
• Treatment plant and pump station Electrical Design and Commissioning Experience
• SCADA, Control and Instrumentation systems experience
• Networking, IT and database skills
• Experience working in consulting engineering and construction environment.
• Local government or Water Authority operations
• Holding or eligibility for CPEng and RPEQ
You will have the opportunity to work across a project’s complete life cycle, where you will be involved in investigations, audits, proposals, management and construction assistance, commissioning, design, development and project management on projects throughout Australia and the Pacific, ranging from R&D Projects, small consultancy engagements, to large D&C projects. Through our diverse projects you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our process, civil, structural, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and SCADA teams, as well as take leadership roles (commensurate with your experience) in project delivery from time to time.
What We Offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing:
• Development programs throughout your career regardless of professional level
• Incentive payments and access to the Employee Share Ownership Program for high achieving employees
• Corporate fitness membership
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible working arrangements.
Please apply by providing your tailored CV and Cover letter by 20 June 2019.